Established in 1982, Plateau Meteorology (ISSN 1000-0534; CN 62-1061/P) is a bimonthly journal governed by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, sponsored by the Northwest Institute of Eco-Environment and Resources of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and published by Science Press.
Plateau Meteorology aims to disseminate knowledge and promote the development of plateau atmospheric science. By integrating basic theory with application, the journal meets the demands of scientific research and meteorological services in plateau atmospheric science. It systematically and timely reports foundational theories and technical methods in the field of plateau meteorology. The goal is to drive and facilitate the development of atmospheric science and related disciplines, nurture talent, and promote academic exchanges both in China and internationally. The journal aspires to be leading academic platform for meteorological researchers to exchange ideas, fostering the progress of atmospheric science.
The journal primarily publishes new achievements, viewpoints, and progress in the field of atmospheric science, particularly in disciplines such as Tibetan Plateau meteorology and mountain meteorology. It also covers theories, observations, forecast methods related to weather and climate, global climate change, atmospheric physics, atmospheric chemistry, and atmospheric lightning. The journal particularly welcomes and prioritizes the publication of innovative research breakthroughs in various branches of atmospheric science, supported by the National Knowledge Innovation Project, major national research projects, and the National Natural Science Foundation of China.
Plateau Meteorology features columns such as Research Articles, Short Articles, Research Briefs, Academic Discussions, and Comprehensive Reviews. Covering various aspects of atmospheric science, published content includes climate-related theories, observations, forecast methods, global climate change, atmospheric physics, atmospheric chemistry, and atmospheric lightning.
The main readership for Plateau Meteorology includes professionals and practitioners in the fields of meteorology, hydrology, agriculture, and environmental science, as well as students and researchers in higher education institutions.
The journal is currently indexed in several databases, including:
- ·A Guide to the Core Journal of China (Peking University)
- ·Chinese Science Citation Database (CSCD)
- ·Chinese Scientific and Technical Papers and Citation Database (CSTPCD)
- ·Core Academic Journals of Research Center for Chinese Science Evaluation (RCCSE)
- ·China Academic Journal CD-ROM
- ·Scopus (Netherlands)
- ·EBSCO (USA)
- ·Japan Science and Technology Agency Database (JST)
Plateau Meteorology has received numerous accolades, including being listed among the Hundred Outstanding Chinese Academic Journals, part of the Chinese Journal Square (Dual Effect), recognized as an excellent journal by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, awarded the Outstanding Journal Publishing Quality Award by Science Press, selected as the Fifth China Outstanding S&T Journal (2020-2023), recognized as the First Excellent Science and Technology Journal in Gansu Province, and honored as the Thirteenth Excellent Science and Technology Journal in Gansu Province (2021).
- Academic publishing specification—General
- Academic publishing specification—Fixed-layout for book
- Academic publishing specification—Notes
- Basic rules of the Chinese phonetic alphabet orthography
- Academic publishing specification—Translations
- General rules for punctuation
- Rules for bibliographic references and citations to information resources
- SI units and recommendations for the use of their multiples and of certain other units
- Academic publishing specification—Terms in sciences and technologies
QQ Group Chat